So its been awhile since I have wrote here and since then quite a few things has happened. Number one is that we have moved. We went from Alabama back to good old Minnesota, into a quirky little house but our family loves it. The thing that I wanted to really talk about though is my mental health. So a very personal thing that not a lot of people know about me is that last year I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and most recently with ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Now those things dont always label me some days all I want to do is lay in bed but others I want to go hang out with my friends. Since being diagnosed I have seen two therapists, one while we were living in Alabama and the other back in Minnesota. The one in Minnesota wasnt right for me but we are going to see a new one in a few weeks. When I say we I refer to my amazing parents and more so my Mom who has been so supportive and helpful in helping me help myself. Then I also started to see a Phyciatrist which is someone who deals more with what perscriptions will help me the most. Yes, I take different medications to help me and thats not a bad thing, its actually an amazing thing because they really help.
Something that I want others who are dealing with this is that help is a good thing. Having someone to talk to about what's going on with you and what you are feeling isn't a bad thing which is what people who have never felt this way want you to think. It is a scary thing, having this constant feeling of sadness and sometime feeling like there is nothing or no one here that knows what you are going through. It is important to get help or at least talk to someone about it. Yes, some people might think of you differently but its not them that matters in the end its you and how you feel and what you are putting out there for others to see and then act on how they saw you responding or acting.
It does get better, having someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on really makes a difference. I want to thank my mom for being with me through this and for leading me the right way. Thank you for always giving me my space and really letting my figure this out on my own all while going to appointments with me and really caring about what I am feeling.
Love you all and just remember that it does get better
Madelyn
No comments:
Post a Comment